I Write What I Like
 
Jesus, Tongas, G12 and Empty Tins

by Mazuba Mwiinga
 
How wonderful is it to get a degree! Or is it a disgrace to have one and still be an empty tin that makes the loudest noise!
 
Jesus must have had an amazing moment wondering how come Hell was widening so fast on a nation that claims to belong to him.
 
If he came down today and stood for a vote, Tonga as I fully am, with out regret and shame for that fact; I would request him to take his campaign to the high priests, presidents and ministers of the land to praise them for declaring the land to him.
 
Knowing him from books and pamphlets because being Tonga makes me ignorant of scriptures, I wouldn't think Jesus would listen to me if I asked whether or not he truly said, "how can you love God whom you have not seen, and hate your brother that you see everyday".
 
My guess, he would ignore me; because my blood carries Tonga haemoglobins.
I don't think Jesus would as well listen to me if I asked him how many of his chosen apostles and disciples; so were wise and rich men of his time, were well above G12 of schooling for them to be so great and admirable in their leadership roles?
 
Having these queries unattended to, I would surely stand like a leper in the middle of the public that claim holiness, yet with mocking snares on their faces; making wondering whether or not they really read the Book that is the foundation of what they claim to be.
 
Based on this myopia of my mind, casting a vote for Jesus would be such a callous thing to do because my Tonga ignorance taught me that 'give to earth that which belongs to it, and to the sky that which belongs there'. Has someone's pride shot so high that it has blinded their sense of boundaries between mortality and immortality?
 
My vote of course in such a mysterious election would be for a human being whose duty is to reign on earthly endeavours, for Jesus is out of the picture on that which man thinks can be compared with him. Isn't this vanity oh man of pride!?
 
Doesn't after all pride comes before a fall? That an unguarded tongue can burn one's own household? Learned man; where did thou get thy degree?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers